CFRE will begin working to evaluate outcomes of the Move It 4 Kids program, being delivered by drummond street, Playgroup Victoria and Hullaballoo Music. Move It 4 Kids offers parents /carers and their children 0-5 a fun, interactive musical comedy experience, which is delivered to community playgroups. The session involves physical activity and communicates clear guidelines around the benefits of exercise, the importance for children’s development and ideas for parents to build physical literacy and integrate exercise into everyday routines.
• Educates parents about how much physical activity children should be doing per day (at various age ranges)
• Provides practical suggestions of how that can be achieved
• Encourages adults to commit to 30 minutes of activity per day themselves and improve their physical literacy overall
• Educates parents on benefits of an active lifestyle across the life course
• Raises awareness that being active may involve sport or a range of other activities
• Provides a tip sheet of low-cost ideas for activities in their local area
Data collected from our evaluation will allow us to understand the impact the program has on an individual’s physical activity levels. Findings will feed into broader research collated by the SPRINTER Research Group from the University of Sydney. The study will build on the evidence base about how to best get Australians moving in a way they feel comfortable that benefits their health and welbeing. The project is set to wrap up in April 2020.
More information on the Move It AUS grant program can be found here.